Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Whether you have a sweet tooth or not, you are going to love these JZ Fitness cookies. They are completely made with good -for -you ingredients (except the chocolate chips that I personally chose) and they are gluten free, paleo, you name it. You can eliminate the chocolate chips to be 100% no sugar added. Either way, get ready to dive into pure bliss.
What to get:
- Almond flour or "almond meal": 16 oz bag
- Unsweetened apple sauce (individual packed which keeps it fresher longer)
- 1 Red apple (2 for bigger batches)
- Baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic egg whites
- 2 tbsp of organic virgin coconut oil
- Pumpkin spice mix OR Cinnamon
- Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips (you can do a healthier chip-I just love these)
What to do:
In a big mixing bowl, dump a whole bag of the almond flour in. Mix in one small container of apple sauce along with the egg whites and coconut oil. Sprinkle in some baking powder (1 tbsp) along with some spice. Chop up tiny little squares of the red apple and toss into the mix (use the whole apple) along with approximately a cup of chocolate chips (about 4-5 chips per cookie). On a cookie sheet, form the cookies, and place them on the rack. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees and check in on them at the 10 minute mark and every 3 minutes thereafter. Do not let them overbake. Once done, take them out (using a hot mit) and let them cool down for 10 minutes. Let them completely cool down before throwing them into a ziplock bag. Enjoy!