Fire House Venice Beach with H-Bombeating
I love the Firehouse Restaurant in Venice Beach. It is right down the street from the Mecca of Bodybuilding-Gold’s Gym Venice. The real deal. The place where muscles are sometimes too big for the doorways. The original place of our amazing former governer, Arnold Schwarzeneggar. In fact, walking out of my Yoga class today, I bumped into the fabulous Lou Ferrigno who said to me, “Where have you been hiding?” I love Golds!
Well, right down the street from there is the FireHouse where I met my gorgeous and talented friend, and owner of www.g-loves.com, Hedda Royce, AKA H-Bomb! With her tight little belly and glowing smile, we sat, giggled and stuffed our faces with egg white scrambles and omelets before working out at a pilates place down the street. This girl is so dear to me, and has a great fitness product that you all need to get your hands into. (hee hee no pun intended)
So, if you go to the FireHouse, here is a list of some JZ Fitness Approved items. If it isn’t on my list, then it ain’t in your mouth. Got it?
1) Firehouse Breakfast the following way: with either sliced tomatoes or cottage cheese. Order with chicken breast or with steak, egg whites only. No bread, no high GI carbs PERIOD!!!
2) Omelette with fresh greens, option to have sliced tomatoes with it. Make sure you ask for avocado. Do egg whites only. here are the options for this one: You can choose up to three (3) items : bacon, chicken, italian ground turkey, ground turkey and ANY vegetables: mushrooms, onions, green peppers, spinach, tomato, fresh basil, cauliower, broccoli, serrano peppers, cilantro, guacamole, salsa. Remember to put guac on the side and if you get avocado, no need for guacamole, right? 😉
3) Turkey Scramble – egg whites scrambled w/ ground turkey, tomatoes, and cilantro OR Buffalo Scramble – egg whites scrambled w/ buffalo meat, mushrooms, tomatoes, and cilantro OR Chicken Scramble – egg whites scrambled w/ chicken and broccoli
4) Spinach Salad – fresh spinach w/ diced chicken, hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, and grilled onions
5) Green Salad with grilled chicken – fresh mixed greens, tomatoes, avocado, and olives
6) Teriyaki Chicken – charbroiled chicken breast w/ teriyaki sauce, served w/ steamed vegetables-NO RICE or anything else
7) Fajita – beef or chicken, served w/ homemade mexican refried beans and no tortilla shell. Ask for extra veggies and less beans. You can do about 1/4 cup of the beans to try
8) Salmon Teriyaki – pan seared salmon w/ teriyaki sauce, served w/ steamed vegetables, sub rice for extra veggies.
9) Chicken Roasted with Fresh Herbs – half chicken served w/ steamed vegetables and a baked yam-no rice or potato
10) Avocado burger or burger with a large green salad on the side. NO BUN! Order grilled onions with it, tomatoes, pickles and big lettuce leaves. It will fill ya. Dressing on the side for the salad. Any dressing you desire-fair enough?
Check out their menu HERE so that you can see how I came up with this list. Everything else fails the JZ FITNESS approval test. Sorry!
But check out my F-U-N times with my girl H-Bomb! Love this girl!